In Scene 4, Troy talks about his past, his responsibilities, and the choices he has made in life. Have you ever had to choose between something you wanted to do and something you needed to do? What influenced your decision, and were you satisfied with your choice?

 Prompt:  In Scene 4, Troy talks about his past, his responsibilities, and the choices he has made in life. Have you ever had to choose between something you wanted to do and something you needed to do? What influenced your decision, and were you satisfied with your choice?

Prompt Response: Yes, I have had to make a choice between something I wanted to do and something that I needed to do. Back in elementary school, I had to choose between French immersion and regular classes. My hands were tied; French immersion was fun, and I had my friends. But I struggled a lot because my teacher spoke French as she taught math. Or, agree to be switched to a new class with none of my friends but save my grade, and in the end, I left French immersion. I was satisfied with my choice as I progressed well in math and made new friends. 

Summary: In class, we read In class, we read "Fences" by August Wilson.

Reflection: The mistreatment of Rose made me appreciate and immerse myself in the raw, accurate depiction of what women had to go through back in the old days; it makes me realize the progression of today's treatment of women. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3 Academic Goals

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

Now that we have finished reading Fences and you are completing your final project, reflect on your overall understanding of the play. Which character, conflict, or theme has stood out to you the most, and why? Explain how your project represents what you learned about the play.