In "The Rockiple", John and Roy do not always receive the same treatment from the adults in their family. Have you ever felt that you or someone else in your family was treated differently from everyone else? What caused the difference, and do you think it was fair? Explain.

 Prompt: In "The Rockiple", John and Roy do not always receive the same treatment from the adults in their family. Have you ever felt that you or someone else in your family was treated differently from everyone else? What caused the difference, and do you think it was fair? Explain.

Prompt Response: Despite being the youngest, I had to be the most present for my mother's services. When I come home, I hope to relax after dealing with a long drive with kids screaming on the bus and the torturous heat. But instead, I have to be the most dependable for my mother. I seem to be the most called to do errands now, but it wasn't always like that. My sister seemed to be doing the most errands in the past, but a shift happened when she became distant, disobedient sometimes, and sloppy about doing the chores. Since I was the most dependable, I was forced to take her place. It's not fair because we should be called equally to do the most chores, as I come back from school and am ordered around the most, while she got to be happy, staying at home on her computer. 

Summary: In class, I worked with a group, writing about the character Troy for the assignment "Fences - Act 1, Scenes 2-3".

Reflection: We were able to find interesting details about Troy's life, which made us reflect on the character together. Despite his aggressive demeanor on the outside and cold attitude, we realized that he still cares about his family differently by providing for his family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3 Academic Goals

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

Now that we have finished reading Fences and you are completing your final project, reflect on your overall understanding of the play. Which character, conflict, or theme has stood out to you the most, and why? Explain how your project represents what you learned about the play.