Write about a time when you did something out of the norm. What was it and how did others react?
Prompt: Write about a time when you did something out of the norm. What was it and how did others react?
Prompt Response: A time when I did something out of the norm was when I kept an appointment secret. Of course, to me it was just my routine, to go to the orthodontist, but to them it was as if, on a random weekday, I just vanished. They were surprised by my sudden disappearance and asked where I went. I always gave them a heads-up whenever I left! But for some reason, I was secretive about it. They pestered for a while, until they gave up, because I kept quiet, I couldn't help it, it was too funny.
Summary: In class, we had to answer questions about gender roles and culture. We also discussed whether nature vs nurture affects gender roles in culture.
Reflection: In my opinion, nurture is the reason why gender roles are affected in culture. In my Hispanic household, my father is more present at work, while my mom has to maintain the household alone.
Comments
Post a Comment