Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

 Prompt: Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why. 

Prompt Response: I enjoy class discussions most. I get to see the strong emotions and personal experiences people have gone through that influenced their answer and justify their reasoning. I like to hear from their point of view, as to be educated, you must understand what a minority group has to deal with. Besides, if we continue doing this, it'll make the whole class comfortable talking with each other. I would like to hear them talk more, so I can be more understanding. 

Summary: In class, we read "The Myth of the Latin Woman" by Judith Ortiz Cofer and wrote down the stereotypes that affect Latin women like her. 

Reflection: In the text, I liked how she talked about how Latin women are subjected to being seen as the "hot tamale." It is something that should be changed in society. You are harming the person you are dating because if you subject their race to a sexual stereotype, it'll only dehumanize your partner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3 Academic Goals

Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.