Take a clear picture of your “I, Too” poem and post it to your blog. To upload the picture, click the image icon within the blog post, and it will allow you to upload your photo.

Prompt: Take a clear picture of your “I, Too” poem and post it to your blog. To upload the picture, click the image icon within the blog post, and it will allow you to upload your photo.

Prompt Response: The inspiration for my poem came from my friend. It was near the end of junior year, and I was finished with my homework. But one of my friends was still occupied with work. Despite my insistence that I could lend a hand with their Spanish homework, they dismissed me. There was this embarrassment in myself. I want to be seen as dependable to the people I care about. Especially those who helped me out in the past. So I wrote about how I can reciprocate and be reliable too. 

Summary: In class, we read and discussed "Why I Want a Wife" by Judy Brady.

Reflection: The process of composing my poem was a struggle. At first, I wanted to humanize myself to the audience. So I picked intelligence, I  addressed that I too can be dense with other topics outside of school. Since I can remember, I was praised for my grades, but still inadequate for the real world, so I thought the idea could work. But I had a better idea, realiability. I always depend on others, but I want to be vocal that they can depend on me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3 Academic Goals

Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.